- 1chiefly Law Conveying or implying a promise: statements that are promissory in nature promissory wordsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Once there is a genuine issue for trial regarding the validity of the Agreement, the promissory estoppel argument also fails.
- A party relying on the doctrine of promissory estoppel must establish that the other has by word or conduct made a promise intended to affect their legal relationship and to be acted upon.
- The promissory estoppel is my argument with the High Court and I feel that the Full Court overlooked it because they constantly said to us that it was a compromised offer.
- 2 • archaic Indicative of something to come; full of promise: the glow of evening is promissory of the splendid days to comeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As early as the play's first scene, Shakespeare links promissory language to violence.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin promissorius, from promiss- 'promised', from the verb promittere (see promise).
Más definiciones de promissoryDefinición de promissory en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.