sustantivo[mass noun] Astronomy
- The part of the apparent motion of a fixed star that is due to its actual movement in space relative to the sun.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At perihelion, when proper motion reaches its maximum, it exceeds the diurnal motion, and the Sun turns slowly retrograde for a week.
- Because the l = 1 dipole term is usually subtracted out from the data because it has large components due to our proper motion with respect to the cosmic background radiation.
- In 1710, using Ptolemy's catalogue, Halley deduced that the stars must have small motions of their own and he was able to detected this proper motion in three stars.
Más definiciones de proper motionDefinición de proper motion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.