sustantivo (plural prophecies)
- 1A prediction of what will happen in the future: a bleak prophecy of war and ruinMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Who's making bold prophecies for the future of online retail?
- It tells her prophecies and predictions, and sometimes she can speak to the deceased with it.
- This was predicted in many prophecies, old and recent, throughout the world.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The faculty or practice of prophesying: the gift of prophecyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Humans do not have the gift of prophecy, nor do we always have the most accurate knowledge.
- There was an explosion of oral communication in story, preaching, teaching, worship, prophecy, and so on.
- His views on the nature of prophecy were unpopular among religious scholars.
Middle English: from Old French profecie, via late Latin from Greek prophēteia, from prophētēs (see prophet).