Definición de prophet en inglés:
- Modern scholars who deal with Israel's ancient political religion and the prophets who proclaimed its transformation are burdened with a scholarly spurious familiarity.
- Since then, Almighty God sent several prophets and revelations, the last in this chain being Prophet Muhammad and the Qur'an.
- Buddha and Jesus, Krishna and Mahavir, Guru Nanak and prophets of other religions teach one thing only: Selflessness!
- In many ways his importance is overstated, especially in the field of theory, and his place in the development of an independent air force is best viewed as a prophet or advocate rather than as a system builder.
- With his vision of an interconnected world, he was one of the earliest prophets of communications technology and globalisation as a way of reducing the marginalisation of much of the poor world.
- Those modern-day prophets, the health and nutrition experts, reckon that getting five portions of fruit and vegetables under your belt should be as easy as pie.
- This is what the prophets of doom have been waiting for.
- There are still those who refuse to believe the prophets of doom.
- World crude oil prices have not risen with ‘free market’ supply and demand, confounding all the prophets of doom or boom.
- Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms all climax in Christ.
- Mike was so excited by the opportunity to witness to a son of Israel that he was unaware of how loudly he was speaking - until he noticed that other passengers were listening to him expound Moses and the Prophets.
- Jesus' death and resurrection are grounded in Moses and Elijah, the Law and the Prophets, as part of God's plan of salvation.
- Surrounding these two key prayers are clusters from the classics of Jewish literature: the Torah, the Prophets, the Psalms, and the Talmud.
- It is these differences which distinguish Torah from the Prophets.
- That includes the books of the Prophets and Writings as well.
euphemism from late 16th century:
This word is from Greek eu ‘well’ and phēmē ‘speaking’ from phēnai ‘to speak’, which is also where prophet (Middle English) came from. Several other English words start with eu meaning ‘well’. The eucalyptus tree (early 19th century) is literally ‘well covered’: it is so called because the unopened flower is protected by a sort of cap. If you give a eulogy (Late Middle English) you praise, or speak well of, someone: the -logy part, found in a great many English words, comes from Greek logos ‘speech, word, reason’. If something is euphonious (late 18th century) it is pleasing to the ear – phōnē ‘sound’ is the Greek root (the mid 19th-century euphonium, which not everyone finds pleasing, comes from the same word). Finally, euthanasia (early 17th century) is literally ‘an easy death’: thanatos is ‘death’ in Greek. The euro- in Europe and related words is unconnected. Europe is from Europa, the name of a princess of Tyre, in modern-day Lebanon, who was admired by the god Zeus. He turned himself into a bull and swam across the sea to Crete with the princess on his back. Once in Crete Europa bore Zeus three sons, and eventually gave her name to the continent of Europe.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The first 13 years of the prophethood of Muhammad were at his hometown of Makkah, where he and his fellow Muslims were severely persecuted by the pagans of Makkah.
- After all, if he believed in Mohammed's claim to prophethood, he would accept the validity of the Quran and hence the whole contents of the Quran, and by accepting all that, he would by definition be a Muslim.
- For example, an angel should descend with the Prophet and proclaim his prophethood all over the land or at least some trailer of punishment be shown to them at his initiation - the punishment which they were being warned with by him.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the language of early Christian prophetism, we can encounter Christ in the form of our sister.
- Any prophetism that would, in one way or another, look for a revelation still open to substantial accretions or admit the possibility of changes in the apostolic revelation is not true prophetism of the Church.
Palabras que riman con prophetprofit, soffit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.