Definición de prophylactic en inglés:
Intended to prevent disease: prophylactic measures
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The role of traditional risk factors and prophylactic measures in air travel-related venous thromboembolism needs further investigation.
- Although some of these illnesses can be prevented by vaccines or prophylactic measures, proper sanitation and personal cleanliness are vital to disease prevention.
- Preventive or prophylactic therapy is helpful in most of the cases and requires a small dose of antibiotic, which is generally given at bed time for prolonged periods of 6 to 12 months.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1A medicine or course of action used to prevent disease: I took malaria prophylactics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is an anti-oestrogen widely used in the adjuvant therapy of breast cancer and is also used as a prophylactic to prevent the disease in high-risk women.
- In animal experiments and observational research, vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, looks promising as a prophylactic against cardiovascular disease and cancer, but short term clinical trials have been disappointing.
- Its use as a prophylactic, especially in cardiac surgery, may increase.
preventive measure, precaution, safeguard, safety measure;
2North American A condom.
- As the primary vehicle for the sale of prophylactics, drugstores brought condoms within the reach of increasing numbers of American males.
- In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.
- Faced with an epidemic of gonorrhea and syphilis, American commanders overseas ignored domestic advice-givers and followed the French practice of providing their men with prophylactics.
- Example sentences
- Drugs like verapamil, divalproex, topiramate, lithium carbonate, methysergide and prednisone are used prophylactically in prevention.
- You see, I am one of those people who live prophylactically and sanely and sensibly.
- Following recovery from an acute episode they were treated prophylactically with lithium carbonate and followed for a period of two years.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan