1Giving or indicating a good chance of success; favourable: the timing for such a meeting seemed propitious
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As was clear then and since, this wasn't the most propitious moment to draw a line in the sand - neither Britain or France were in a position to actually defend Poland.
- This journalistic term can be used to describe an innocent delay of a story until a more propitious moment, or a manipulative delay of a story until it can do the most damage.
- Rarely has a superpower cared so much about a speck on the international diplomatic horizon; rarely at such a propitious moment in history have we had such good fortune.
favourable, auspicious, promising, providential, advantageous, fortunate, lucky, optimistic, bright, happy, rosy, full of promise, heaven-sent, hopeful, beneficial;
opportune, suitable, apt, fitting, timely, well timed
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because this accidentally but propitiously takes place on opening night on the stage, the audience thinks it is part of the performance.
- Meanwhile, astute feminists and discerning men are encouraged to reconsider their aggressive attacks on each other and to support young women who are anxious to direct their life goals more propitiously.
- And, more propitiously, that day, a sacrifice was called for, yet no one was pure enough to perform those sacred duties.
Late Middle English: from Old French propicieus or Latin propitius 'favourable, gracious'.
Palabras que riman con propitiousadventitious, Aloysius, ambitious, auspicious, avaricious, capricious, conspicuous, delicious, expeditious, factitious, fictitious, flagitious, judicious, lubricious, malicious, Mauritius, meretricious, nutritious, officious, pernicious, repetitious, seditious, siliceous, superstitious, suppositious, surreptitious, suspicious, vicious
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pro|pi¦tious
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda