1Corresponding in size or amount to something else: the punishment should be proportional to the crime
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The amounts produced are proportional to the size of the gland, whether this is increased benignly or by prostate cancer.
- As such the amount paid in fees, proportional to the amount under management, has continued to increase.
- The amount of tiles left out will be proportional to the size of the tile.
1.1 Mathematics (Of a variable quantity) having a constant ratio to another quantity.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The ratio of the squares of the periods of two planets is directly proportional to the ratio of the cubes of the radii of their orbits.
- Gravitational force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between two objects.
- Instead the heat is inversely proportional to the square of the distance.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda