Definición de propound en inglés:
- He's written several popular books propounding his theories.
- And for three or four years they have sat and listened to lecturers propounding these half-baked ideas.
- In the middle of nineteenth century Karl Marx propounded the theory of historical and dialectical materialism.
mid 16th century: alteration of archaic propone, from Latin proponere 'set forth', from pro- 'forward' + ponere 'put'. The addition of the final -d can be compared with that in expound and compound.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The propounders of this theory, many of them youngish politicians, probably didn't intend it to apply to politics but, with oldies increasingly significant as a proportion of eligible voters, it may come to do so.
- The propounders of reformist theory have a solid argument.
- In that case the propounder of the Will made by a wealthy 74 year old man was a person who was alleged to have killed the deceased unlawfully.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.