Definición de propound en inglés:
- He's written several popular books propounding his theories.
- And for three or four years they have sat and listened to lecturers propounding these half-baked ideas.
- In the middle of nineteenth century Karl Marx propounded the theory of historical and dialectical materialism.
- propounder sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The propounders of this theory, many of them youngish politicians, probably didn't intend it to apply to politics but, with oldies increasingly significant as a proportion of eligible voters, it may come to do so.
- The propounders of reformist theory have a solid argument.
- In that case the propounder of the Will made by a wealthy 74 year old man was a person who was alleged to have killed the deceased unlawfully.
Mid 16th century: alteration of archaic propone, from Latin proponere 'set forth', from pro- 'forward' + ponere 'put'. The addition of the final -d can be compared with that in expound and compound.
Palabras que riman con propoundabound, aground, around, astound, bound, compound, confound, dumbfound, expound, found, ground, hound, impound, interwound, mound, pound, profound, redound, round, sound, stoneground, surround, theatre-in-the-round (US theater-in-the-round), underground, wound
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.