- A sensory receptor which receives stimuli from within the body, especially one that responds to position and movement.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Various types of receptors convey specific types of stimuli, including exteroceptors, interoceptors, proprioceptors, or chemoceptors.
- Free nerve endings, including proprioceptors and nociceptors, have been identified within labral tissue, which may explain decreased proprioception and pain in an athlete with a torn acetabular labrum.
- Within the ventral nerve cord, the axon projections of tactile receptors and proprioceptors are strictly separated.
early 20th century: from Latin proprius 'own' + receptor.
Más definiciones de proprioceptorDefinición de proprioceptor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.