sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormal protrusion or displacement of an eye or other body part.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Signs of orbital injury include periorbital ecchymosis, edema, proptosis, and bony step-offs of the orbital rim.
- The skull is a frequent site of bone metastases, which commonly present as proptosis and periorbital ecchymoses.
- A 35-year-old man presented with symptoms of decreased visual acuity, proptosis, and ptosis of the left eye that had lasted for 2 weeks.
late 17th century: via late Latin from Greek proptōsis, from pro 'before' + piptein 'to fall'.
Más definiciones de proptosisDefinición de proptosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.