sustantivochiefly North American
- A person who dissects dead bodies for examination or anatomical demonstration.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Autopsies were performed by attending pediatric pathologists with assistance by pathology residents and a prosector, and sometimes were attended by pediatric genetics physicians.
- There is greater communication between the clinician and the prosector in that the clinician completes the problem-oriented autopsy request, giving a brief clinical summary with clinical diagnoses.
- Regardless of the implement used, the prosector will perform the best microdissection while looking through the eyepieces of the microscope.
mid 19th century: from late Latin, literally 'anatomist', based on Latin secare 'to cut', perhaps via French prosecteur.
Más definiciones de prosectorDefinición de prosector en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.