- I have found this in the case of Buddhism, which doesn't advocate proselytes, and somewhat in Judaism - which doesn't seek to convert either but many followers certainly have a great pride in it and wish to express this.
- For in politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword.
- From either side of the Atlantic, two of the more influential proselytes of that degenerate old collectivist have chosen to re-iterate all the old myths once again.
- More likely, they were Jews or Gentile proselytes who knew about the God of the Old Testament but not about Jesus, his death, his resurrection, and salvation through him.
- How could it be otherwise, when all of the first Christians were Jews and when, on this reading, both the fourth evangelist and his primary readers were Jews and Jewish proselytes?
- The artist of the printed Amsterdam Haggadah, a proselyte by the name of Abraham bar Jacob, based his image on an unrelated image from the well-known Icones Biblicae of the Swiss artist Matthaeus Merian, first published in 1630.
- I think the churches are filled with people who have been proselyted to a religion.
- The Mormons had come as part of a great upsurge in proselyting to American Indians, known under doctrines of the faith as the ‘Lamanites.’
- On the other hand, it may very well be that proselyting the world has become so ingrained a habit that no change is possible.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although Article 13 of the Constitution protects freedom of religious conscience and worship for known religions, proselytism is prohibited.
- The research presented in this book finds its anxiety about proselytism disproportionate and misplaced.
- Related to social disorganization, a second factor acting in favor of Protestant proselytism has been the failure of the economy in Latin America to empower most of its population to leave the ranks of poverty and underemployment.
Late Middle English: via late Latin from Greek prosēluthos 'stranger, convert', from prosēluth-, past stem of proserkhesthai 'approach'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pros|elyte
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.