sustantivo[mass noun] Psychiatry
- The inability to recognize the faces of familiar people, typically as a result of damage to the brain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He and his colleagues describe covert recognition in prosopagnosia, another category-specific agnosia in which faces cannot be visually recognized.
- Deep prosopagnosia (impaired facial recognition) could also be a reason for autoscopy.
- Another well-known and dramatic line of evidence for specific face-processing brain regions is the existence of the neuropsychological deficit of prosopagnosia.
1950s: modern Latin, from Greek prosōpon 'face' + agnōsia 'ignorance'.
Más definiciones de prosopagnosiaDefinición de prosopagnosia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.