(also prostate gland)
Definición de prostate en inglés:
A gland surrounding the neck of the bladder in male mammals and releasing a fluid component of semen.
- The accessory glands, including the seminal vesicles and the prostate gland, provide fluids that lubricate the duct system and nourish the sperm.
- The prostate gland surrounds the urethra at the base of the bladder in men.
- The specimen consisted of a urinary bladder and attached prostate gland with bilateral seminal vesicles and vas deference.
- Example sentences
- The pudendal nerve innervates the few striated muscles within the prostatic capsule.
- If one or both testicular arteries are missing, the testes are supplied by branches from the vesical or prostatic arteries passing under the arch of the pubis.
- The importance of distinguishing between benign prostatic hyperplasia and benign prostatic enlargement and bladder outlet obstruction is fundamental.
Definición de prostate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan