- I don't actually suffer from it in real life, but in dreams I often find myself lying prostrate and petrified on top of a building, afraid to stand up.
- Sometimes he was on my legs, other times he was stretched out prostrate across my torso.
- While strolling, I caught sight of a half-naked, deformed figure lying prostrate on the pavement.
- So many women would have been hysterical and prostrate with grief by this stage.
- In that area, natural Atriplex cover was very low, with only some prostrate plants growing on creek banks.
- The duckweeds grow in a prostrate orientation upon the surface of water and rely on the buoyant forces of their environment for support, rather than lignified structures.
- P. myriophylla is a woody subshrub that forms patches of prostrate or decumbent stems often rooting at the nodes.
- Some of the men had prostrated themselves flat on their faces, arms outstretched towards the Goddess.
- The natives who came to see them off prostrated themselves on the ground and cried in farewell.
- Another (even greater) problem was that she was unwilling to submit to her dictates or prostrate herself in abject submission.
- He never doubted, and gratefully recognized, Mary's own contribution to the device of the joint monarchy, and her death on 27 December 1694 prostrated him for months.
- She quickly ran up to him in time to catch him in her arms and with horror heard the wild scream of the spirit that racked and prostrated the unhappy man.
- Drenched in sweat, they are prostrated by fatigue, ‘sucking in hot air like bellows and breathless in the suffocating heat’.
Middle English: from Latin prostratus 'thrown down', past participle of prosternere, from pro- 'before' + sternere 'lay flat'.
Palabras que riman con prostrateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, misstate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pros|trate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.