Definición de prostration en inglés:
1The action of lying stretched out on the ground.
- The Significance of Devotion Our devotion will grow the more prostrations we do.
- The Purification of Pride First of all, we should know why we do prostrations.
- Someone who dozes in the prayer does not owe a prostration.
1.1The state of being extremely weak or subservient: the refusal to call a strike reflects the union leadership’s prostration before the company
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Blairs apparent stature can be accounted for by the prostration of his ostensible opponents.
- The prostration of the Democratic Party cleared the way for Reagan's election in 1980.
- The prostration of the Party has been amply demonstrated in the California recall election.
1.2Extreme physical weakness or emotional exhaustion.
- Unable to match the Indians' enviable capacity for keeping themselves cool, the animals died of heat prostration.
- Doctors found that the panda was affected by lung fever together with functional prostration on some organs.
- When I found him suffering from general debility and nervous prostration.