(also protective coloration)
- Colouring that disguises or camouflages a plant or animal: the moth’s emergence in August was probably a little early for its protective colouring to be really effective the service has taken on the protective colouring of the management ethos of the private sectorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The received view of protective coloration in animals is that conspicuous colors and patterns have evolved because they elicit avoidance behavior in potential predators.
- They applied the lessons of animal protective colouring to warfare, the former going so far as to argue that all animal markings, no matter how conspicuous, served the purpose of concealment.
- The same squid that first hides in the camouflage of protective coloration will, further threatened, jet swiftly away, but leaves behind a shadow-body of ink: a highly visible, if substanceless decoy.
Más definiciones de protective colouringDefinición de protective colouring en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.