1A person or thing that protects someone or something: a man who became her protector, adviser, and friend ear protectors
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The biggest of the ringing bells is three tonnes and an arresting sight as it gracefully arcs round, even if we can't hear it to its full capacity thanks to our bright red ear protectors.
- In the way they are described in this bill they sound a bit like glamorised security guards and protectors of the collections.
- Currently, though, and from a historical standpoint, the custodians and protectors of the document inspire little confidence.
2.1 (also Lord Protector of the Commonwealth) The title of the head of state in England during the later period of the Commonwealth between 1653 and 1659, first Oliver Cromwell (1653-8), then his son Richard (1658-9).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Through his unique talents as a politician and military commander during the Civil War, Oliver Cromwell rose from humble origins to become Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England.
- In 1653 it became the home of Oliver Cromwell after he was made Lord Protector of the Commonwealth.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- While few can argue against the appropriateness of the U.N. protectorship over the territory, the way its representatives and personnel present themselves will be crucial to social stability.
- In London too, fine cuisine is increasingly under the protectorship of hotels.
- Eleanor is sentenced to banishment and Gloucester surrenders the protectorship.
Palabras que riman con protectorbisector, collector, connector, convector, corrector, defector, deflector, detector, director, ejector, elector, erector, hector, injector, inspector, nectar, objector, perfecter, projector, prospector, rector, reflector, rejector, respecter, sector, selector, Spector, spectre (US specter), vector
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda