Definición de protogalaxy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural protogalaxies)Astronomy
A vast mass of gas from which a galaxy is thought to develop.
- According to current models, that's not enough time to allow for the formation of either the quasars that illuminate the atomic gas or the protogalaxies that harbor the first stars.
- The protogalaxy probably has since coalesced into a giant elliptical galaxy, he says.
- Those that are still around us bear the imprint of the chemical composition of the protogalaxy in their atmospheres, like living fossils of a bygone era in the history of the Earth.
- Example sentences
- Eventually, these protogalactic fragments merged and galaxies and quasars formed.
Definición de protogalaxy en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan