Definición de protracted en inglés:
Lasting for a long time or longer than expected or usual: a protracted and bitter dispute
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We can expect a protracted tug of war, which may drag on until the review deadline draws near.
- They're expecting a protracted legal battle there.
- Younger readers will not remember, but that particular industrial dispute was both protracted and bitter; it involved running battles between scores of miners on the one hand and scores of police on the other.
- Example sentences
- With all this rain falling, and so protractedly, it seems as though tsuyu (rainy season) gets longer every year, making Japan very water-rich, in contrast to what's happening in the brokerage houses.
- Or about some of my more murderous thoughts, where I protractedly weigh out the pros and cons of murdering certain people, and that the only thing that stops me is the idea of going to jail.
- Last week it snowed - suddenly, violently and protractedly - at around 3 o'clock in the afternoon while I was at work.
Words that rhyme with protracteddistracted
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India