- Their stems and leaves protrude above the water surface.
- Leave the finishing nails protruding slightly above surface of the wood.
- Check all joints to make sure nothing protrudes above the surface.
- The evolution of fish feeding systems is a history of change in multiple mechanical systems that raise the head, drop the lower jaw, expand the hyoid, and protrude the upper jaw.
- The eyes can be preserved inside or outside the carapace, which indicates that they could be protruded or withdrawn by the peduncles.
- Physical subdivision and structural alteration have been implicated in the evolution of the muscles involved in protruding the upper jaw in elasmobranchs.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons estimates around 1-2% of UK residents feel their ears are too protrusive.
- Small protrusions of the leading edge that are often balanced by corresponding retractions result in a very small protrusive force, and hence do not result in significant motility.
- Significantly, this relationship has a local maximum: too many barbed ends deplete the available monomer pool, too few are insufficient to generate protrusive force, so motility is stalled at either extreme.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'thrust something forward or onward'): from Latin protrudere, from pro- 'forward, out' + trudere 'to thrust'.
Palabras que riman con protrudeallude, brood, collude, conclude, crude, delude, dude, elude, étude, exclude, extrude, exude, feud, food, illude, include, intrude, Jude, lewd, mood, nude, obtrude, occlude, Oudh, preclude, prude, pseud, pultrude, rood, rude, seclude, shrewd, snood, transude, unglued, unsubdued, who'd, you'd
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pro|trude
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.