- A war instigated by a major power which does not itself become involved: the end of the Cold War brought an end to many of the proxy wars through which the two sides struggled to exert their influenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- People are supposed to ‘liberate’ themselves, not rely on some external force to come to their land and fight a proxy war for them.
- Thus, as noted, David Aaronovitch describes the assault on Nicaragua as part of ‘the proxy war fought between the two superpowers for power and influence’.
- Rollback was the American end of the proxy war fought between the two superpowers for power and influence in the developing world.
Más definiciones de proxy warDefinición de proxy war en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.