(also psoas major)
- Each of a pair of large muscles which run from the lumbar spine through the groin on either side and, with the iliacus, flex the hip. A second muscle, the psoas minor, has a similar action but is often absent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The internal iliac artery (ie, hypogastric) enters the pelvis and supplies the psoas major and quadratus lumborum muscles, the pelvic viscera, and parts of the bony pelvis.
- The psoas and iliacus muscles are occasionally completely independent muscles.
- Another group of muscles of the pelvic girdle act to flex the hip, and include the psoas, the iliacus, a combination of the two called the iliopsoas, the pectineus, and the sartorius muscles.
late 17th century: from Greek, accusative plural of psoa, interpreted as singular.
Más definiciones de psoasDefinición de psoas en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.