sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A skin disease marked by red, itchy, scaly patches.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Oral methotrexate tablets are commonly used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.
- You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.
- Topical corticosteroid creams and ointments are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek psōriasis, from psōrian 'have an itch', from psōra 'itch'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Six were treated for rheumatoid, three for Crohn's disease, one for psoriatic arthritis, one for dermatomyositis and one for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- The rapidity of the response to intravenous n - 3 lipids exceeds by orders of magnitude the hitherto reported kinetics of improvement of psoriatic lesions upon use of oral supplementation.
- Compared to unaffected skin, psoriatic plaques have been shown to contain decreased levels of cAMP and increased levels of cGMP, which may contribute to epidermal hyperproliferation.