Definición de psychogeriatrics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of health care concerned with mental illness in elderly people.
- I really do see Psychogeriatrics as an area of specialist practice that spans both mental health and aged care but currently attracts support from neither.
- Each old person has their own view on the value of autonomy and on the approach of death, and there is an ethical dimension to most management decisions in psychogeriatrics.
- Example sentences
- They found no efficacy differences among psychogeriatric case management, general practitioners with psychogeriatric consultation and standard care in managing 86 residents with dementia with depression, psychosis or both.
- Nilsson et al found increased plasma homocysteine along with decreased serum folate, B12, and creatinine levels in 69 percent of demented and non-demented psychogeriatric patients.
- We retrospectively reanalysed data from our single blind, randomised and controlled study of early identification of depression and pragmatic intervention by psychogeriatric consultation.
- Example sentences
- Alan Bennett's diary entry about the diagnosis of Iris Murdoch's Alzheimer's, reminded me of a psychogeriatrician's comment in the late 1980s.
- The call to the psychogeriatrician is often the signal that a cherished relationship has undergone an irrevocable change and that a new order has taken its place as the prelude to an unwelcome full independence.
- As the patients' psychogeriatrician I assessed their fitness for discharge.
Definición de psychogeriatrics en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan