Definición de psychophysiology en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Psychology
1The study of the relationship between physiological and psychological phenomena.
- A basic assumption in psychophysiology is that behavioral, cognitive, emotional, and social events all are mirrored in physiological processes.
- In this important text, Kenneth Hugdahl presents a comprehensive introduction to the history, methods, and applications of psychophysiology and explores other areas concerned with the "mind-body interface," such as psychosomatic medicine, behavioral medicine, clinical psychology, psychiatry, neuropsychology, and cognitive neuroscience.
- It should be noted that the use of an EGG cream is not common standard in psychophysiology since it does not minimize the interaction between skin and electrolytes and can result in considerable changes in skin conductance.
1.1The way in which the mind and body interact: the psychophysiology associated with relaxed wakefulness
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neurofinancial theory holds that our inability to behave rationally is rooted in our psychophysiology.
- Most recently, Lo has made significant contributions in the psychophysiology of risk perception.
- Pole's research interests include psychodynamic therapy process, minority mental health, basic emotion, depression and most recently the psychophysiology of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Example sentences
- Pavlov and his colleagues made life-long efforts to blend both behavioural and psychophysiological observations into typologies.
- If researchers could assess psychophysiological reactions to disasters, they could eventually create a reaction profile that would help clinicians predict and prevent prolonged stress reactions.
- There is a growing interest in the possibility that stress affects health not only through direct psychophysiological processes, but also by modifying behaviours that affect such as physical exercise, smoking and food choices.
- Example sentences
- Christian Grillon, Ph.D., a psychophysiologist from Yale, joining ETP as a tenure-track investigator, will conduct psychophysiological studies on startle reflex and fear conditioning in anxiety disorders.
- Therefore, some psychophysiologists are getting more and more interested in parapsychological research, and there is an advantageous exchange between those disciplines.
- The most important literature for the understanding of the electrodermal system and the methodology that can be applied to it, is the book Electrodermal Activity by the German psychophysiologist Wolfram Boucsein.
Definición de psychophysiology en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan