Definición de psychopomp en inglés:
1(In Greek mythology) a guide of souls to the place of the dead.
- Beelzebub was originally called Baal-Zebul, meaning ‘Baal, the Lord’ a widely worshipped Philistine God-King, who was said to be a psychopompos, a guardian of souls (again).
- There is some folklore in England & Scotland which suggests that the owl was thought of as a harbinger of death and a psychopomp.
1.1The spiritual guide of a living person’s soul: [as modifier]: a psychopomp figure who stays by her and walks in her dreams
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most practitioners will be used to psychopomp work, and will be able to locate the spirit and guide it on to wherever it's supposed to be.
- Purification is one of the shaman's tasks, along with healing, psychopomp work, and communicating with nature spirits.
from Greek psukhopompos, from psukhē 'soul' + pompos 'conductor'.
Definición de psychopomp en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan