Definición de psychosomatic en inglés:
1(Of a physical illness or other condition) caused or aggravated by a mental factor such as internal conflict or stress: her doctor was convinced that most of Edith’s problems were psychosomatic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Part 2 on physical and psychosomatic illness opens with Liakopoulou's chapter on the separation-individuation process in adolescents with chronic physical illness.
- When early separation anxieties have been traumatic, she says, there are still many possible outcomes, ranging from psychosis and psychosomatic illness to addiction and other acting out pathology.
- His site investigates psychosomatic illnesses, with emphasis on post traumatic stress disorder, chemical imbalances and childhood stress.
2Relating to the interaction of mind and body: hypnosis involves powerful but little-understood psychosomatic interactions
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Everything that we experience is psychosomatic because the body is always involved, whenever we look through our eyes, whenever we hear through the ears, and in everything that we experience in terms of our feelings and sensations.
- God did not make us disembodied minds; he made us psychosomatic beings.
- We surely are psychosomatic unities, ‘animated bodies rather than incarnated souls,’ to use a famous phrase.
- Example sentences
- He'd always try and psychosomatically suggest that I had hayfever symptoms, as if to bring them on… ‘Meg, your eyes are looking awfully red… would you like a tissue?’
- Upon her capture by police, the woman was sent to a nearby mental ward, where a disorderly orderly psychosomatically parroted her symptoms, much to the hilarious chagrin of the hospital boss.
- When the boys' parents forbid their erotic rebellion, Manga becomes psychosomatically ill, and is ushered far across a spirit lake, its shores teeming with tree dwarves and useless, fungoid superstition.
Words that rhyme with psychosomaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, Asiatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan