- Relating to, denoting, or suffering from a psychosis: a psychotic disturbanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
severely mentally ill, insane, mad, certifiable, deranged, demented, of unsound mind, out of one's mind, not in one's right mind, not together, crazed, lunatic, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, disturbed, distracted, stark mad, maniac, maniacal, manic, frenzied, raving, distraught, frantic, hysterical, delirious, mad as a hatter, mad as a March hare; Latin non compos mentis; British sectionable• informal crazy, mental, off one's head, out of one's head, off one's nut, nuts, nutty, nutty as a fruitcake, off one's rocker, not (quite) right in the head, round the bend, raving mad, bats, batty, bonkers, cuckoo, loopy, loony, bananas, loco, screwy, with a screw loose, touched, gaga, up the pole, not all there, not right upstairs, away with the fairies, foaming at the mouthBritish • informal barmy, crackers, barking, barking mad, round the twist, off one's trolley, daft, as daft as a brush, not the full shillingNorth American • informal buggy, off the wall, nutsy, nutso, out of one's tree, meshuga, squirrelly, wackoCanadian & Australian/New Zealand • informal bushedNew Zealand • informal porangi
- One simply cannot equate psychotic disturbances which alter the entire personality with physical diseases.
- As well as symptoms of panic, these nine patients all had overt psychotic symptoms and behavioural disturbance.
- Terror always has its roots in hysteria and psychotic insecurity; still, we should know our enemy.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A person suffering from a psychosis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Man and Chen compared the effectiveness of intramuscular injections of chlorpromazine with IM haloperidol in controlling agitated, assaultive psychotics.
- LSD psychotics fundamentally did not differ from schizophrenics except for the amount of parental alcoholism.
- It you want to say, do they have disordered thinking, are they distorted in their ideas of relationships with people, some of them certainly are personality disordered, but not a lot are schizophrenic or what we would call psychotics.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a second scene from Macbeth, Lady Macbeth walks about the castle in a trance-like state, muttering psychotically.
- Little do they know that common sense tells those of us who exist outside of their respective cults that these fanatics are almost certainly, if not psychotically, wrong.
- Well, suicide usually, as we know, occurs when people are psychotically depressed.