Definición de psychotomimetic en inglés:
Relating to or denoting drugs which are capable of producing an effect on the mind similar to a psychotic state: such altered states of consciousness follow ingestion of LSD and other psychotomimetic drugs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In animal models 5 - HT2 antagonists (ketanserin and spiperone) were shown to block the psychotomimetic effects of both LSD and DOM.
- LSD was a synthetic drug, based on a naturally produced substance, which is called psychotomimetic drugs, made out of this rust.
- There is no clinically tested antidote available to antagonize the psychotomimetic symptomatology induced by PCP.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A psychotomimetic drug.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- LSD - 25, used as a psychotomimetic, allows us to study these problems of communication from the inside and learn how to devise better methods of helping the sick.
- High potency as an antagonist of 5-HT in isolated smooth muscle preparations was not correlated with high potency as a psychotomimetic.
- The hypothesis that psychotomimetics induce a rapid dopamine receptor regulation that could participate in the expression of the brain dopaminergic overactivation and in the early signs of psychotic-like behaviour, was checked by radioligand binding on rat brain cryosections.
Definición de psychotomimetic en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia