Definición de psychrophile en inglés:
An organism that grows best at temperatures close to freezing.
- Hoover initially went to the CRREL tunnel in search of ‘psychrophiles’ - organisms that live only at extremely low temperatures.
- Psychrophilic enzymes are present in psychrophiles, organisms that have adapted to very cold climates, such as those microorganisms living in the Artic and Antarctic regions.
- Bacteria growing at low temperature are generally grouped into two categories, psychrotrophs and psychrophiles, both having the ability to grow at zero and subzero temperatures.
- Example sentences
- In a refrigerator these organisms are repressed; instead, psychrophilic bacteria attack the milk protein and turn the milk alkaline and smelly.
- Meanwhile, Earth-dwelling extremophile microorganisms, both thermophilic (heat-loving) and psychrophilic (cold-loving), are variously adapted to temperatures that would fry us or freeze us.
- For psychrophilic fungi this can be achieved by reducing the air humidity and by preventing the formation of a water film on the canopy by using internal air circulation, heating or ventilation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan