Definición de pterobranch en inglés:
A minute tube-dwelling colonial acorn worm found chiefly in deep water.
- Class Pterobranchia, phylum Hemichordata
- The SSU data supported enteropneust paraphyly by placing acorn worms of the family Ptychoderidae as the sister to a group consisting of pterobranchs + acorn worms of the family Harrimaniidae.
- Previously, hemichordates were thought to be paraphyletic, with enteropneusts (acorn worms) more closely related to chordates and pterobranchs closer to echinoderms.
- The ciliary bands on the phoronid and brachiopod tentacles are upstream-collecting bands with separate cilia on monociliate cells just like those of larvae or adults of pterobranchs, echinoderms and enteropneusts.
Definición de pterobranch en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia