1 Economics A commodity or service that is provided without profit to all members of a society, either by the government or by a private individual or organization.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The responsibility of corporate executives, politicians, and officials for ensuring that private and public goods and services are safe is practically never enforced in court.
- They are also protesting the commodification of public goods and services, like water, electricity and garbage collection.
- We understand our roles in providing public goods and services and stabilising the economy when the private sector is in crisis.
2The benefit or well-being of the public: the frequent conflict between the public good and private interests
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If they are able to easily calculate how their choices benefit the public good, they most often make choices that do so.
- However, sometimes the only benefit is to the public good, and even that is no small thing.
- With silence, charity will fail both itself and the broader public good.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pub¦lic good
Definición de public good en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda