- 1A cooked sweet dish served after the main course of a meal: a rice pudding [mass noun]: a good helping of puddingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One point on which there is universal agreement is that it is vital to cook a rice pudding very slowly.
- Our dining establishment, The Riverside Cafe, was just what you need on a cold rainy day - puddings and stodgy meals galore, with nary a vegetable in sight.
- Of the puddings, a warm chocolate fondant with peanut ice-cream and artichoke caramel really stood out.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The dessert course of a meal: what’s for pudding?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I serve it now as an alternative to a cheese or pudding course.
- Nothing is ever perfect, of course, and pudding proved to be a profound disappointment.
- Swiftly served and voraciously consumed but like most Indian eating experiences, the meal is limited on pudding.
- 1.2North American A dessert with a soft or creamy consistency.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In dairy desserts such as puddings and mousses, the desired texture and air content determine the type and amount of cocoa powder to be used.
- The mix should have the consistency of pudding or soft butter.
- I went downstairs to finish working on the pudding for the dessert as Mary washed the pots and pans I had used to cook with.
- 2A sweet or savoury steamed dish made with suet and flour: a steak and kidney puddingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As the name suggests, the menu contains a lot of sausage and mash and steamed puddings, but it's fun, fast and all wonderfully fattening.
- When I was a student, it was a warm refuge to sip on bottomless cups of coffee and indulge in steamed fruit pudding and toasted cinnamon buns.
- For the cornbread pudding, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, coat the inside of a deep ovenproof pan with some of the and set aside.
- 2.1The intestines of a pig or sheep stuffed with oatmeal, spices, and meat and boiled.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But no, it was plain wholesome gravy and with a clean plate in front of her, Ann's verdict was ‘delicious’ for a pudding full of lean meat.
- I'd love to wash out the intestines and use them to make puddings and things like that.
- It is then served with a celeriac purée that goes so well with the rich, warmly spiced pudding, the juicy fish and the crisp prosciutto that it could be an idea straight from Heaven after all.
- 2.2 • informal A fat or stupid person: away with you, you big pudding!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What happened to our innocent, virtuous little talent show? To paraphrase Patton: it never was one, silly pudding.
- Have been too much of a fat old pudding to attempt their demonstration dances.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unlike other fantasy stories which have an airy sense of buoyancy, The Lord of the Rings always has that stolid, puddingy heaviness, the earnestly childlike quality of which almost, but not quite, prevents it from being pompous.
- And when you've all done pitying, you have to run up to Stephen, grab hold of both of his great puddingy cheeks and give them a good old nip and stretch of congratulations.
- It is generally about the size of a melon, a little fibrous towards the centre, but everywhere else quite smooth and puddingy, something in consistence between yeast-dumplings and batter-pudding.
Middle English (denoting a sausage such as black pudding): apparently from Old French boudin 'black pudding', from Latin botellus 'sausage, small intestine'.