Definición de pueblo en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pueblos)
1A town or village in Spain, Latin America, or the south-western US, especially an American Indian settlement.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At one end of the Plaza, craftsmen from Native American pueblos spread out blankets filled with contemporary Jemez pottery, Hopi wooden dolls, and Santo Domingo turquoise jewelry.
- The Tewa pueblos have dual village leaders, where the heads of the winter and summer moieties each exercise responsibility for half the year.
- Serra also assisted in founding four presidios (military garrisons) and two pueblos.
2 (Pueblo) (plural igual or Pueblos) A member of any of various American Indian peoples, including the Hopi, occupying pueblo settlements chiefly in New Mexico and Arizona.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Until the arrival of the Spanish, the Apaches and the Pueblos had enjoyed a mercantile relationship: Pueblos traded their agricultural products and pottery to the Apaches in exchange for buffalo robes and dried meat.
- Some Pueblos, fearing Apache raiders, re-established their Spanish ties.
- These are things that most Pueblos traditionally keep secret, despite the prying of anthropologists and the occasional indiscretion of informants and writers.
adjetivo(Pueblo) Volver al principio
Relating to or denoting the Pueblo or their culture: the Pueblo people
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Inferiority’ is established partly by constructing Pueblo culture as timeless (and so quite unlike the progressive West).
- Religious beliefs are deeply interwoven in many aspects of Pueblo culture, including farming, storytelling, dances, art, architecture, and other everyday activities.
- Those ancient peoples are now believed to have become the Papago, Pima, and Pueblo peoples of the contemporary Southwest.
Spanish, literally 'people', from Latin populus.
Palabras que riman con pueblobedfellow • playfellow
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda