1A large, sluggish, mainly nocturnal African viper which inflates the upper part of its body and hisses loudly when under threat.
- Bitis arietans, family Viperidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I once organised the rescue of a small girl who had been bitten by a puff adder.
- I was once on the way to the car and a puff adder reared up in front of me.
- And hiding in over 50 varieties of grasses, are snakes: among them the deadly rinkhals and puff adders.
Definición de puff adder en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.