Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
sustantivo (plural Pullmans)[usually as modifier]
- 1A railway carriage giving special comfort: a train of Pullman carsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The dining car waiters and Pullman porters knew it too, and they faked their Uncle Tomming to get bigger tips.
- As part of that new expansion, the railroad was building a new depot at White Sulphur Springs and also rearranging the set-out tracks for Pullman cars there.
- The boat trains and beautiful Pullman carriages are now replaced by the Eurostar.
- 1.1A train consisting of Pullman carriages.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gner says that extra first-class capacity was needed on the 7.20 am service from Leeds so a 225 Pullman was introduced, but the train is unable to run on the Airedale line.
- Only a council of a town founded on the locomotive industry could be so loco as to even think about pulling the Pullman service!
- 1.2 (also Pullman case) North American A large suitcase designed to fit under the seat in a Pullman carriage.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Still, at 10 cubic feet in size, the trunk will haul four 26-inch Pullman suitcases or a baby stroller.
- The 28" Two Compartment Pullman Suitcase is the perfect fit for any frequent traveler.
mid 19th century: named after George M. Pullman (1831–97), its American designer.