- A celestial object, thought to be a rapidly rotating neutron star, that emits regular pulses of radio waves and other electromagnetic radiation at rates of up to one thousand pulses per second.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Black holes, the cosmic microwave background, pulsars, neutron stars, gravitational lenses, gravity waves - these are just a few of the phenomena that would make no sense without general relativity.
- These emanations come from rapidly spinning neutron stars called pulsars - rotating beacons that periodically send energy in the direction of the earth.
- The object is being stimulated by jets from a rapidly spinning (about thirty times a second) neutron star called a pulsar.
from puls(ating st)ar, on the pattern of quasar.
Más definiciones de pulsarDefinición de pulsar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.