sustantivo (plural igual or pumpkinseeds)
A small, edible brightly coloured freshwater fish of the sunfish family, native to North America. It is popular in aquaria and has been introduced into many European waters.
- Lepomis gibbosus, family Centrarchidae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Panfish comprise the black crappie, bluegill, green sunfish, pumpkinseed, rock bass, white crappie, and yellow perch.
- In the pumpkinseed sunfish, parental care is provided exclusively by males, but some males parasitize others by sneaking fertilizations.
- The pumpkinseed sunfish, Lepomis gibbosus, was used in New Hampshire experiments and the spotted sunfish, Lepomis punctatus in the Florida experiments.
Definición de pumpkinseed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.