sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The hypothesis that evolutionary development is marked by isolated episodes of rapid speciation between long periods of little or no change.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We performed the analysis assuming two evolutionary models: Brownian motion and punctuated equilibrium or speciation.
- I didn't mention punctuated equilibrium or allopatric speciation either, because it isn't relevant to the matter at hand.
- Their views are commonly known as the theory of punctuated equilibrium and contrasted with evolutionary gradualism.
Más definiciones de punctuated equilibriumDefinición de punctuated equilibrium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.