Definición de pundit en inglés:
- The pundits frequently suggest that Currie are a side who are not capable of winning the league.
- After the game the vast majority of experts and pundits were gushing in their praise of the official.
- Since the war began he has become a regular pundit offering his opinion on American foreign policy.
- sense 1.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The indictment of a former Florida professor on charges of being a terrorist has cast a very different light on some past punditry.
- Just look at the last four years of punditry if you doubt me.
- I think we've moved in US political science beyond the point where punditry on these things is sufficient.
From Sanskrit paṇḍita 'learned'.
A modern pundit is an expert in a particular subject called on to give their opinions about it to the public. The source of the word is Sanskrit pandita ‘learned’, used to describe a learned man versed in Sanskrit law, philosophy, and religion. The ‘learned expert or authority’ sense dates from the early 19th century.
Palabras que riman con punditrefit • misfit • benefit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.