Definición de purism en inglés:
1Scrupulous or exaggerated observance of or insistence on traditional rules or structures, especially in language or style: Mrs Grundy’s name is now synonymous with narrow linguistic purism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But generally speaking, in our emerging virtual era the stress is no longer on questions relating to style, purism, or historical tradition.
- Keen on tradition but not on purism, Moore's country, blues and waltz repertoire includes covers and original songs, some self-penned, others written by her bandmates Peter Hay and Randall Lawrence.
- Owen later mirrors his father's retreat into the classical past by converting to Irish language purism, signalled by his decision to restore the seventh-century name of the Murren instead of Anglicizing it.
2 (Purism) An early 20th-century artistic style and movement founded by Le Corbusier and the French painter Amédée Ozenfant (1886–1966) and emphasizing purity of geometric form. It arose out of a rejection of cubism and was characterized by a return to the representation of recognizable objects.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fauvism, Cubism, Futurism, Purism, Neo-Plasticism, Surrealism, Neoclassicism, social realism, his art experienced them all.
- These included, as he wrote in his journals, Cubism, Futurism, Purism, Orphism, Expressionism, Dadaism, Surrealism, ‘and an avalanche of exposed secrets.’
- Until 1926 he painted in the cool style characteristic of Purism, depicting such objects as bottles and glasses in profile.
Palabras que riman con purismverism • aneurysm • Nazism
Definición de purism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán