Definición de puritanical en inglés:
Having or displaying a very strict or censorious moral attitude towards self-indulgence or sex: his puritanical parents saw any kind of pleasure as the road to damnation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Africans have quite our prim, puritanical attitude towards extra - marital sex.
- It's about time we abandoned this puritanical attitude toward sex.
- Compare that to the United States with our puritanical attitudes toward sex and federal funding for abstinence-only education.
moralistic, pietistic, strait-laced, tight-laced, stuffy, starchy, prissy, prudish, puritan, prim, priggish, Victorian, schoolmarmish, schoolmistressy, old-maidish, narrow-minded, censorious, sententious;
- Example sentences
- No party hack, she campaigns for a purer communism responsive to the needs of each neighborhood but puritanically resistant to the commercial blandishments even then battering at the eastern gates.
- At a time when everyone else was tripping out on psychedelic rock Flack's recording of Ewan Macoll's folk song was an unlikely hit; the music was puritanically plain, the words so simple.
- Benglis's photograph can be read in various ways, appealing to the libertarian feminist as surely as it repelled the more puritanically minded.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan