- Priscilla Gibson-Roberts explains how wrapping the yarns the way most western cultures do for the purl stitch, tends to use just a bit more yarn, so the purls rows are just a little looser than the knit rows.
- Look at how crisp the bobbles are and regularity the purl stitches.
- Eddie was trying to explain to Pride the difference between knit and purl, and how to use each of them.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Purl one, knit one, purl one, purl one - wait, that was a knit, wasn't it?
- Or perhaps it'll be cyber-knitters, chanting some elaborated version of ‘knit one, purl two’ as they create mythic tapestries or heal rifts in the fabric of space-time.
- Although, I find it less annoying than a rib - knit 3, move yarn, purl 3, move yarn, repeat - because I always loose track of what stitch I'm on.
Mid 17th century: of uncertain origin.
Palabras que riman con purlbirl, burl, churl, curl, earl, Erle, furl, girl, herl, hurl, knurl, merle, pas seul, pearl, Searle, skirl, squirl, swirl, twirl, whirl, whorl
- The water gurgled and purled, loudly at first, then softly, as a powerful foot-wide whirlpool took shape.
- Miri could not imagine there was such a beautiful place as the island of Philae, an island amongst islands washed by the purling waters of the Nile.
- I look out of the window and through the purling drops I can see gutters running with water; I can see the clouds almost black with rain to come.
sustantivo[in singular] Volver al principio
- His hands just purled off notes in all shapes and forms.
- The shadows lurched forward, purling around his ankles like tendrils of smoke.
- No. 23 (F Major - Moderato) purls off the piano like drops of water for some forty seconds before the conclusion begins, in No. 24 (D Minor - Allegro appassionato), sweeping, broad, interlaced with runs.
Early 16th century (denoting a small swirling stream): probably imitative; compare with Norwegian purla 'bubble up'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.