sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
1A rash of purple spots on the skin caused by internal bleeding from small blood vessels.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Inhibition of platelet adhesion and aggregation, prolonged bleeding time, purpura, postoperative wound hemorrhage
- Many of these patients had edema, purpura, or ecchymosis.
- Adverse effects of warfarin include haemorrhage, hypersensitivity and skin rashes, alopecia, and purpura.
1.1 [with modifier] Any of a number of diseases characterized by such a rash: psychogenic purpura
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She was diagnosed with a thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura like syndrome and was treated with daily plasma exchange and steroids.
- Prone positioning did not worsen pre-existing skin injury (graft-vs-host disease and purpura fulminans).
- In 1988, she presented with idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura and anemia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gigantean (larger and fewer lesions), pustular, purpuric, or vesicular pityriasis rosea occurs in rare cases.
- These lesions included papular, urticarial, purpuric, pustular, and eczematoid changes, such as papular urticaria.
- Children with disseminated intravascular coagulopathy are generally quite ill and may present with extensive purpuric lesions and petechiae, as well as multifocal hemorrhage.
Mid 18th century: from Latin, from Greek porphura 'purple'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pur|pura
Definición de purpura en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda