sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A red dye originally extracted from madder and also prepared artificially by the oxidation of alizarin.
- An anthraquinone derivative; chemical formula: C14H8O5
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Alizarin is the main colourant molecule, but the extract also contains a closely related compound called purpurin, which (despite the name) imparts an orange colour.
- Additionally, monascus pigments, purpurin, chlorophyllin and curcumin were reported to inhibit the mutagenicity of heterocyclic amines and other carcinogens.
- In general, these newer drugs have been based on the structure of chlorin, purpurin, phthalocyanine or naphthalocyanine.
mid 19th century: from Latin purpura 'purple' + -in1.
Más definiciones de purpurinDefinición de purpurin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.