Any of a number of small, typically fleshy-leaved plants which grow in damp or marshy habitats, in particular:
- ● (also sea purslane) An edible plant which grows in salt marshes (Atriplex portulacoides, family Chenopodiaceae). ● (also pink purslane) A small pink-flowered North American plant of damp places (genus Claytonia, family Portulacaceae).
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Vegetables rich in glutathione include asparagus, cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes and purslane.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper and garnish with purslane.
- The plant sources are flax seed, walnuts, and purslane, a succulent weed.
late Middle English: from Old French porcelaine, probably from Latin porcil(l)aca, variant of portulaca, influenced by French porcelaine 'porcelain'.
Definición de purslane en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.