sustantivo[mass noun] • formal
- 1Engagement in an activity or course of action: you have a right to use public areas in the pursuance of your lawful hobbyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- An amalgamation or transfer of engagements in pursuance of section 50, 51 or 52 of this Act shall not prejudice any right of a creditor of any registered society which is a party thereto.
- This may take the form of either pursuance of a formally sanctioned persecutory scheme, or non-conforming behaviour by official agents which is not subject to a timely and effective rectification by the State.
- India could be a tremendous source of inspiration to the West, if she gave up aping Western nations in the pursuance of their nuclear armament programme.
- 1.1The action of trying to achieve something: staff took industrial action in pursuance of a better dealMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We all know that there are more than 20 militant groups operating in this tiny land of 2 million people called Manipur in pursuance of retrieving the lost sovereignty from the Indian union.
- In pursuance of their goal they went on persistently staging plays, never making any compromises at any cost and never giving in to the temptation of commercial theatre.
- They are doing that in pursuance of their political agenda.