Definición de pustule en inglés:
1A small blister or pimple on the skin containing pus.
- Lesions consist of erythematous papules, nodules, pustules, verrucous, or granulomatous lesions.
- Two months later, the purulent discharge, pustules, and erythema had resolved, and the nodules had diminished in size.
- These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, nodules to cysts.
1.1 Biology A small raised spot or rounded swelling, especially one on a plant resulting from fungal infection.
- As the name implies the rust pustules appear as distinct yellow-orange stripes on the leaves.
- Mature soybean rust pustules have a small round opening at the top for spore release.
- Some fields surveyed had orange leaf rust pustules on the lower leaves.
late Middle English: from Latin pustula.
- Example sentences
- Neem soap has been going for years - especially popular with pustular teenagers on the subcontinent.
- Things get nasty as one by one the inhabitants of the house fall prey to the ever increasing hoard of pustular monstrosities.
- He looks back and down towards his enlarged, veined, pustular, phlebitic left leg.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan