Definición de putty en inglés:
1A soft, malleable greyish-yellow paste, made from ground chalk and raw linseed oil, that hardens after a few hours and is used for sealing glass in window frames and filling holes in wood: countersink the screws so they can be covered with putty [count noun]: the manufacture of paints and putties
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You can fill in nail holes with wood putty before sanding if you are not planning to stain the wood.
- When dry, fill the nail holes with a non-oily wood filler for natural finishes, or putty if the wood is to be painted.
- Spackle is a soft, white, premixed material that's about the consistency of soft putty.
1.1 [usually with modifier] Any of a number of similar malleable substances used inside and outside buildings, e.g. plumber’s putty, lime putty, or used for modelling or casting, e.g. epoxy putty.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Apply a bead of plumber's putty (not caulk) on the underside of the flange on the drain to seal it with the sink.
- The mortar mix used for the vintage building consisted of a Portland cement-slacked lime putty created by mixing cement and lime.
- The basket strainer should be packed with plumber's putty and pushed firmly down into place.
verbo (putties, puttying, puttied)[with object] Volver al principio
Seal or cover (something) with putty: give me a minute until I putty these windows in (as adjective puttied) lightly puttied joints
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fastener locations are often easy to find, even if the nail heads have been puttied over.
- These ships leave a small gap between the old jamb and the new strip, which can be puttied and painted to match.
- The masonry surface may need to be prepared by sandblasting, application of a primer, and puttying.
- 1be (like) putty in someone's hands
- Be easily manipulated or dominated by someone: he was putty in her hands from the beginningMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One whiff of her ‘Midnight in Sorrento’ perfume and they were like putty in her hands.
- No one could call it a fast-moving film, but I was putty in its hands.
- But even formidable Marjory is putty in Rosemary 's hands.
- 2up to putty
Mid 17th century: from French potée, literally 'potful', from pot 'pot'.
Palabras que riman con puttybutty, cutty, gutty, nutty, puttee, rutty, smutty
Definición de putty en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda